Adding color in that short haircut will completely change your looks, some times you need to pimp up your style and get off that natural black / brown hair color, however as you plan to bleach your hair, you need to find the perfect hair color which will look good on you. Some of the factors you need to consider when choosing hair color include;… skin tone, this is a vital factor which every woman should consider when choosing hair color.
The type of color you opt for should complement your skin tone, In this case, African American women, you should not opt for blonde bleach because it looks too un-natural on you, I suggest you opt for mixed colors like black & purple, to get a good example, look at the lady featured in position 6, if at all your skin is bright like the lady in position 5, you will look good with bright colors like pink / red like Rihana in position 7.
If you choose a non matching color, your skin tone will clash with your hair which can make you look awful. On the other hand, ladies with warm toned color skins, you can opt for gold , blonde and related bright colors. In this post, I have featured 40 Cool Colors for Short Hair, without doubt you will not fail to find the right color for your self, I suggest you compare your color skin with any of these 40 featured ladies, this will help know which bleach to opt for.
In this post, we shall learn how you can color your hair without using dye or any chemicals, it is very important to protect your hair from these strom Dye products, so you can use natural methods I have outline in this post to change the color of your hair.
African American Cool Colors for Short Hair
CATEGORIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Cool Colors for Blonde Short Hair
BASICS FOR DYING / COLORING SHORT HAIR:
So, before we go into bleaching your hair with natural methods, I would like us to learn some basics for coloring short hair, hope you all know that applying dye the wrong way not only will it mess up your looks, but it will also damage your hair, it can even stop it from growing, so please, don’t ignore these simple basics:
- Prepare short hair: – Before adding color in your hair, you need to get that short hair ready for dye. This process includes conditioning / washing your hair with a good hair shampoo, however, you need to wash it one day before dyeing it, and this will allow your scalp to produce enough natural oils which will make your hair moist and soft.
- Choose a color: – After washing your hair, you can take off some time to compare different colors and select the one which looks good on you. I suggest you get examples from ladies with a related color skin like yours, the best way of getting this data is by taking advantage of the internet, image bookmarking sites like ”Pinterest” & ”Google Images” features lots of hair color ideas which can be helpful during this decision making process. It is better to test out different colors, in this case, you can start with temporary dyes, you can easily wash them out with water, but you will get a chance to see how you will look if you opt for a specific color.
- Protect your skin from stains: – Please note: Not only will dye change the color of your hair, if it’s not well tamed, this dye will flow over your face or hands which might leave your skin & hands in trouble. So, you need to wear gloves / goggles to protect your hands, and apply Vaseline on the edges of your hair so that it stops the bleach from flowing to the face.
- Use a towel: – Now that we have protected the hands with gloves and the face with Vaseline, how about your cloths, you need to prevent dye from falling on your cloths, sometimes these stains can get stubborn and you might end up loosing that cute top / blouse. So, get a towel which has dark colors like black / brown and wrap it over the shoulder from behind. This towel will catch any drips that might occur from your hair during the bleaching process.
- Follow Instructions: – It does not matter if you’re going to use natural dying methods, you need to follow instructions, this will save you from disappoints, mix the dye with water but make sure you use the right amount of water. Since dyes are too strong, you need to use a special bowl.
- Strand Test: – This might be your first time to dye your hair, so you probably need to do a dye test on one strand, this will show you how your hair will look, simply use a small brush to apply dye in your hair.
- Separate your hair: – After painting one strand, you will become confident and finally decide on which dye to use, so you need to separate that short hair into different sections, this will make it easier to dye your hair, start applying dye to each section independtly, be patient with this process because it will take a while.
Cool Colors for Black Short Hair
Cool Colors for Cute Short Hair
CREATE TEMPORARY BLEACH WITH FOOD COLOR:
If you do want to over commit your self to permanent hair dye, you can use food dye to color that short hair, food color is cheap and easy to mix, follow steps below and learn how to color short hair with food color.
- Get prepared: – If you clearly read the basics of getting your hair ready for dying, you probably know what to do at this stage; however, you have to prepare your work space so that it looks neat after the bleaching process.
- Mix food color: – In most cases, this food color comes in powder foam, so you need to mix it well to get better results. You can mix this food color with clear gel so that it gets thick, mix the colors as desired to get a great effect.
- Apply Dye :- After mixing this food dye with gel, you can use a small brush to apply this dye, leave the product in your hair for a while so that it sinks well, on average, it will take only 30 minutes to have better results, I suggest you cover the head with a plastic bag, this will create more moisture and heat which will accelerate the bleaching process.
- Wash out the dye :- Remember, you have use food color, so it is not as strong as normal hair dyes, this means, you should use Luke-warm / cold water which is free from chlorine chemical, don’t get tempted to wash your hair with shower water, because by default this water is treated with chlorine which can wipe out all the bleach. When you wash out this food color, you will notice that your hair has changed color. However, this is temporary bleach; you can easily wipe out this food color with hot water.
- Blow dry your hair: – After washing out the bleach, you can go ahead and blow dry your hair, use a low heat blower so that you don’t damage your hair. Make sure you don’t over wash this kind of hair, because this food bleach is temporary.
ENJOY THE REST OF THE GALLERY FOR COLORED SHORT HAIR:
Cool Colors for Easy Short Hair
Cool Colors for Curly Short Hair
Cool Colors for Short Hair With Bangs
Cool Colors for Mohawk Short Hair
Cool Colors for Asian Short Hair
Categories: Kurze Frisuren