Medium length bob hair styles look trendy and beautiful all the time and that’s why this style is not in danger of going out of style. Many of you always want to see what hairstyles celebrities are having but surprisingly, celebrities have continued to cut their long hair short for medium and chin grazing bob hairstyles. If Celebrities are taking on this trend then what are you up too ,cze if you don’t you will be left out.
Almost every woman would like to try out a bob hairstyle but they don’t know even where it originated from, as a professional hairstylist i would like to tell you how the Bob Haircut came about. Bob hairstyle emerged during World War 1 whereby most women joined the work force and hence never had time to curl or straighten their hair .They never had even tools /irons to make their hair.So they decided to chop their hair into bob styles as a sign of freedom, rebellion and independence but before then it was already in existence because the legendary queen of Egypt called Cleopatra used to wear this blunt edged and short fringe bob hairstyle. On the other hand, anyone can wear a bob hairstyle as long she has a nice jawline and neck.
However, if you have a round face, you should try out a long or medium bob and when it comes to hair texture the Bob style will work best on thin to medium hair. A graduated Bob will make wonders for you in case you have fine hair because it has stacked layers which are cut shorter at the back and remain longer at the front giving your hair the needed body and height at the crown area.Remember to always use a good quality flat iron to keep your Bob hairstyle in its phenomenal shape.
? Erika by Amore
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a medium length bob hairstyle with soft full front bangs making her to look very simple but also pretty. This style will work best if you’re tired of long hair and it really looks gorgeous on women with long and oval faces but if you have a round face please tryout a long bob hairstyle. However, if your that kind of person who likes trying out everything and you would like to tryout this particular Bob style then follow these steps below to guide you through the styling process;
- Use a good quality hair product to wash your hair in order to make it smooth and frizz free, then comb through your hair either with a wide toothed brush or use your fingers by gently passing them through your hair.
- Part your hair to the sides and slick some hair down, push some hair forward to create the bangs but do this with a wide toothed comb.
- Blow your hair dry with a blow dryer together with a paddle brush, this will help to make it smooth and soft after drying.
- After making sure that your hair is completely dry, use a flat iron to make it smooth and straight in order to have that sleek beautiful Bob hairstyle.
- This is a synthetic hair wig which has a sleek smooth bob design which is achieved by using razor cuts to get that sharper and more distinctive edge.
- The wig comes with a double monofilament top which facilitates easy styling and also brings out an illusion of a real scalp.
- Always wash your hair carefully with a good quality shampoo and conditioner; but don’t wash your hair too often because it will become dry, damaged and leeched of all its natural oils. You should try to use shampoos which don’t contain sulfates or parabens but instead use a shampoo made with natural hair cleansers and suits your hair type.
- You should avoid brushing your hair too much; brushing your hair will help to stimulate the follicles which promote hair growth, but over brushing your hair will cause damage to your hair strands and will end up having frizzy hair and split ends.
- If you have time, let your hair dry naturally because if you use towels made of fabric just know that they can be very rough and damaging to your hair.It causes frizzles and split ends. Try not to brush your hair when it is still wet because this will make it brittle and weak. When brushing out tangles, use a wide toothed comb like ‘Wide Tooth Sandalwood Comb for Detangling Hair with Aromatic Smell’ which is made of natural sandalwood and has fine wide teeth which can help to detangle your hair and also make it smooth.it is anti-static and has a light scent of sandal wood.
- Purchase a shampoo that is specifically meant for that particular wig in case you have synthetic or human hair wig and don’t ever use a regular shampoo on a synthetic wig.
- Don’t use a regular brush when brushing your wig because it will damage the wig hair fibers. Brush your wig carefully with wire brush before you start washing it. You can use a wig brush like ‘Brittny Professionals Wig Brush Combo’ which has special wire looped bristles and its specifically designed to detangle hair without damage.it is also ideal for maintaining long hair.
- Periodically condition that wig by applying a wig hair conditioner periodically after washing but before doing the final rinse.
3. Sawyer (formerly Savannah) by Revlon
HOW TO STYLE:
This is a shoulder length beautiful and simple blonde bob hairstyle. This bob haircut looks longer in front than in the back and also has soft chiseled bangs and layers around the front area. In case you wish to style your medium length hair like this bob haircut then try to read through these steps below to know how you can style it;
- Use a good mousse to damp your hair and then part it into different sections.
- Carefully blow dry you hair with a large paddle brush by brushing under the hair as your pulling it through, this will make your hair smooth, then blow dry those bangs off to the side.
- Pick up you’re straightening iron and use it to make smooth the sections of your hair on the sides, in front and at the back. Remember to keep that slight curl on your ends by flipping your flat iron under as you run it through the hair.
- Get your hair wax so that you can use it to sweep those bangs off to the sides and then use a light hold spray to lock in your look.
- The wig you’re seeing has a design of a shoulder length bob with a side swept fringe/bang, it is made of 100% human hair and this means that it can be styled using heat tools just like your own hair.
- This wig has an open wefting in the sides and back of the cap which helps to make it breathable and lightweight to the shoulder length making it the best option for you if want flexibility during styling.
- It also comes with a monofilament top which is hand knotted and also helps to create an illusion of natural growth in sections where your hair is parted and allows you to part hair in any direction.
- Clean and wash your hair with a shampoo that suits your hair type and will work for you perfectly e.g; straight and oily hair will require you to use a gentle shampoo that is designed for daily washing, curly hair will need a frizz minimizing and softening shampoo, etc.
- Apply a hair conditioner that will work for you depending on your hair length, type and treatment damage.The best way to condition your hair is by conditioning every time you shampoo it, try to deep condition your hair for at least once in a week. Also use ‘L’Oreal Paris Ever Sleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System Smoothing Deep Conditioner’ which is intensive, sulphate free and smoothing deep conditioner that will nourish your hair.It controls frizz and improves manageability.
- Regularly trim your hair; the only way you can get rid of split ends is to trim your hair using hair shears to cut off the split ends. If you you want to have perfect hair then trimming should be a priority but do these trims after 6 to 8 weeks.
- Try to detangle your wig with a wig brush or comb and you should do this starting from the ends and working upwards up to the base cape.
- Always rinse your human hair wig with cold water and make sure water is flowing in the same direction of your hair to void tangling.
- Use a phosphate free shampoo that is specifically made for human hair wigs and use your fingers to distribute the shampoo evenly throughout your hair. In my opinion i think you should purchase ‘Awesome Human Hair Wig Shampoo’ which is a wig care solution that is used to moisturize and replenish your wig.
4. Francesca by Envy
HOW TO STYLE:
This is an amazing jawline bob hairstyle which is cut with perfection. The bob haircut has a complicated texture which is created with a few layers. It has brow length front bangs which help to frame your face very well. If you want to style this bob haircut, try to use a single color like the lady featured above and if you want you can add some highlights in the fringe area to bring out some style. Below are some of the steps that will guide you through the process of styling this bob haircut;
- Wash and apply good quality products to your hair in order to de-frizz and also make it smooth.Apply these styling products to your hair when it is still damp and after combing through using your fingers or a wide toothed comb.
- Part your hair to the sides, push the remaining hair downwards and then pull the bangs forward using a wide toothed comb.
- Use a paddle brush together with a blow dryer to dry your hair but don’t over dry it because it will become frizzy and may end up breaking. Remember to use the lowest heat setting when your blow drying your hair.
- Lastly, you can make your hair smooth and straight by using a flat iron but be very careful when using it so that you don’t damage your hair strands.
- This is a short blonde synthetic hair wig that is never out of style, it has some slight layers and it’s also a chin length bob with an open top.
- It has a cap less construction which is always open hence providing maximum coolness and comfort when you wear it.
- The wig comes with a stretch cap technology where by the cap stretches along the perimeter to provide the most comfortable fit while eliminating the pressure point.
- After taking a shower, blow dry your hair using the lowest heat setting so that you don’t expose your hair to excess heat produced by the blow dryer. Use your brush upwards from the roots to the tip following that brush with a blow dryer because this will help to make your hair shiny and also give it volume.
- Brush and part your hair after drying it in order to avoid frizziness, use a wide toothed brush like ‘Evolatree – Elegant Natural Handcrafted Comb – Wide Tooth – Lignum Vitae Wood’ which is made of natural materials and will help to nourish your hair and also protect your scalp.It also absorbs oils from the scalp and moves them to the needed hair lengths and ends.
- Use a heat protect-ant spray in order to protect your hair from heat produced by blow dryers, straightening and curling irons if at all you use them more often.
- Gently comb your wig with a wide toothed brush, never use regular brushes to comb your wig because this will severely damage it and please avoid combing your wig every day.
- Place the wig on a wig stand when you’re at home, this stand will help to keep your wig in shape. However, you can purchase a wig stand like ‘Hair Art Foldable Wig Stand’ which facilitates easy styling and also ensures safe keeping of your wig after use.
- Never style your wig when it’s still wet because this will severely damage the wig hair strands.
- Don’t use a shampoo that is meant for natural hair on your wig because these types of shampoo will be too harsh on your wig and can make the wig hair to fall off.
5. Ellen by Estetica
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady featured above has short bob hairstyle with lots of textured layers at the back hence making this style modern but also very cute. The bob style has a soft side swept bang that stops right above the eye brows which helps to bring out that cute beautiful look. The steps below will show you how to style this bob haircut in case you are really interested in having it;
- Clean your hair and then apply a small amount of gloss through it and mostly concentrate on the crown area and the hair ends.
- Blow dry while tousling your hair back in order to create that complicated texture.
- Make the top crown area smooth by using medium paddle brush and then push the bangs forward to get that classy finish.
- Finish by applying a shine spray on your bangs then all over your hair to get that complete look and feel.
- This is synthetic hair wig which is in form of a chin length bob hairstyle with soft bangs
- The wig comes with a pure stretch cap which makes it the most comfortable wig cap that has ever been constructed.
- It comes with an innovative cape less design which makes the wig very comfortable, lightweight and also ready to wear.
- Avoid washing your hair every day because shampooing and conditioning your hair all the time washes away the natural oils from your hair making it to look dry and brittle. Only wash your hair twice or thrice a week to achieve good results.
- Never brush your hair immediately after the shower because it will still be wet and at this point your hair is very weak and can easily be damaged. You should brush your hair before going for the shower using a wide tooth comb because it will help to prevent too much tugging of hair.
- Avoid using curling and flat irons every day because this will make your hair full of split ends within a month.
- Always use a good heat protection spray to protect your hair from heat produced by styling machines like blow dryers, curling irons, straightening irons, etc. But remember that this spray just keeps most of the damage away but not all the damage. You can use ‘TRESemme Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Heat Protection & Shine Spray’ which will help to make your hair smooth and easy to style.It will help to shield your hair from heat and also seals in that salon shine.
- Only condition your wig after a couple of weeks to keep it soft and shiny, never condition your wig on a daily basis and please remember to rinse out all the conditioner using cold water in order to prevent build up in your wig. I recommend you to try using ‘Fantasia IC Wig Cleaner & Conditioner’ because it will help to remove unwanted oils and build up. It helps prolong the life of your wig and it works very well with synthetic and human hair wigs.
- You should wash your wig after using it for over 20 to 25 times so that it does not lose its shape, color ,structure or fall apart. If you do this, trust me your wig will last for longer period compared to the wigs which are washed every day.
- Try to always comb your wig gently and when you’re using wide toothed comb, never comb your hair every day because this will make your strands weak and in the long run you hair will end up breaking.
6. Bryn by Noriko
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady your observing in the picture above has a layered bob haircut.This cut runs right after the chin and it has several medium length layers that help to give volume and shape to her hair. This style also has a long side swept bang which adds beauty to her face and also frames it out well.
Therefore, as a professional hairstylist I’m going to list for you the steps you can follow to make this particular bob hairstyle below;
- Begin with thoroughly washing your hair with a good conditioner and shampoo, dry your hair with a blow dryer but remember to apply a heat protection spray to protect your hair strands before you start blow drying.
- Get your wide toothed comb and use it to divide your hair into sections, pat your hair left and right from the center then the crown area.
- Use a flat iron to straighten each of the sections until all your hair is completely smooth.
- Finally, use a texture or light hairspray to show off those complicated layers.
- This is a smooth and sleek mid length bob style wig which is made of synthetic hair. The wig is light weight and provides built in volume on top and it is also a ready to wear wig.
- It has an open wefting which helps to create a better air ventilation hence providing more coolness to your scalp
- Always try to use the right hair product if you want to achieve good results from your hair, you need to purchase good quality shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays to achieve the best to your hair.
- You should try to air dry your hair sometimes in order to get that natural hair texture. Blow drying is also a good option for drying hair because it gives you a more perfected look you’re looking for.ensure you handle it with care to avoid damage to your hair. Just in case you have over used the blow dryer.
- Only use your hair conditioner every day to maintain and repair un-split ends and a shampoo for at least 2 times a week to give your hair that natural shine. Buy a shampoo like ‘Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo’ which will help to replenish your hair with moisture. It will leave your hair soft and manageable to also add a shiny, smooth and silky hair.
- Never purchase a shampoo that is not specifically designed for your synthetic wig because it will severely damage that wig, buy a synthetic wig shampoo like ‘Demert Wig Shampoo’ which works very well with both synthetic and natural hair and it is also a non- color stripping deodorizer.
- Brush the wig carefully using a wire brush before you start washing it. Don’t use a regular brush on that wig because it will damage the wig fibers.
- Never use hot water to clean or wash your synthetic wig because it will make that wig to lose its shape and structure.
- Store your wig on a wig stand in case you’re not using it because this will help to maintain its style, form and shape.
7. Cameo by Jon Renau
HOW TO STYLE:
The Bob haircut has of recent earned marks in hair style world that it pulls out the necessary priorities your face has to display therefore defining your beauty.This pic above features extremely short hair and layers at the front and longer hair at the back. This style will really help you to show off your face and it has a soft side swept bang which is just right above the forehead and it is not cut straight across like other bangs just to prove you right. This haircut will make wonders for you in case you’re tired of having long hair.You will prefer short hair styles to long because of its convenience and manageability it offers.Many girls and mostly teenagers like this style because it makes them to look simple and very cute. The steps given below will help you to style this haircut;
- Wash your hair very well in order to remove all the dirt from it and before you dry it, apply a styling product a on your hair to improve on your hair texture.
- Use a styling brush together with a blow dryer, dry your hair thoroughly and also make it smooth with that brush but you should do this gently so that you don’t damage your hair strands.
- Use a heat protection spray to protect your hair from heat produced by styling machines like, curling and straightening irons, blow dryers etc.
- Make the sections of your hair that are towards the face area smooth with a flat iron.
- Conclude by using a shiny or firm holding hairspray by spraying it all over your head in order to make your hair shiny and firm throughout the whole day.
- This wig is made of synthetic hair and also has longer layers on the sides and on the top crown area which makes it to have that feathered look.
- The wig comes with cap less construction which makes it the perfect choice for women who are seeking airy comfort when putting on this wig.
- Try to wash your hair often but not every day, If you have short hair then just know that you will need to wash it for at least 3 times a week but not every day because it will become over dried. During the shower, use a shampoo then conditioner Hair to help make it smooth and frizz-free. For example you can use a conditioner like ‘Aveeno Nourish Plus Moisturize Conditioner’ which helps to give your hair a silky new life, to nourish it , condition it and to even add repair to damaged hair.
- Avoid using products that expose heat to your hair like blow dryers, curling and straightening irons, etc. the heat produced by these products will make your short hair to stand on the ends and also frizz up.
- Always use styling products that work best on your hair but you should avoid using too much of these products when applying them to your hair. These include hair gels, mousse, conditioners etc.
- Brush your wig with a wig brush starting from the tips of your hair to the crown area in order to remove any tangles from it. If you have a curly wig, use your fingers only to detangle it and never try using a brush on it because you will end up severely damaging it.
- When washing your wig, first turn its inside out then use a small amount of shampoo on it, spread the shampoo evenly throughout the wig and then use cold water to wash the wig but by gently massaging it with your fingers.
- Always store your wig on a foam head, wig block/stand, or place it inside a wig net so that its hair does not become frizzy.
8. Annette by Henry Margu
9. Bori by Motown Tress
10. Sleek Angle by Sherri Shepherd
11. Cameo by Jon Renau
12. China Doll Long by Illusions
13. Star by Incognito
14. Haley by Envy
15 . Expression by Revlon
16. Platinum 108 by Louis Ferre
Source of the pictures: http://www.wigs.com
Categories: Bob Frisuren