If you are not a fan of long or very short hairstyles, you will find this medium length wavy hairstyle very trendy and comfortable. You can style medium length hairstyles in so many different ways but today, i want us to look at how you can style a medium wavy hairstyle. I have included lots of beautiful ladies with different mid-length hairstyles in the collection that you can choose from.
MEDIUM LENGTH WAVY HAIRSTYLES PICTURES
Black Medium Length Wavy Hairstyle: Women with thick black hair will look lovely with this hairstyle. If you have long black non curly hairstyle and you don’t want to cut it short but you feel like you need a brake from very long hairstyle, then you can opt for this cute medium length hairstyle.
HOW TO HAVE THIS BLACK MEDIUM LENGTH HAIRSTYLE:
- Tint your hair black: This option applies to women with blonde / non black hair. To get such a black tone, you need to color your hair black. This process is not difficult, but you have to use natural dyes which don’t have strong chemicals which can damage the roots of your hair. You can’t apply tint to your hair by your self, I suggest you ask a friend to help you out or you go to the saloon and get a professional makeover.
- Cut your long hair: You want to have a medium length wavy hairstyle, so you need to use a pair of scissors and cut your hair to a moderate length. The length of your hair will differ basing on your choice and hairstyle you need. The lady in the picture above, her hair stops just above the shoulders, but it drapes over them just a little bit, but if you look at Rihanna in (Style 2), her medium length hair stops exactly above the shoulders without draping over.
- Spray or Condition your hair: This is a very essential step; it is very difficult to make waves in dry hair. So you need to condition your hair with a simple natural shampoo which does not have strong chemicals because your hair is tinted black, however, even women with natural black hair, you should avoid conditioners / shampoo with sodium chloride , sulfate chemicals, because these two chemicals will leave your hair super dry. Use cold water when conditioning your hair for a wavy hairstyle, because cold water gives your hair a thick volume which is easy to work with.
- Make a Pony Tail: Unlike curls which need a curling iron, waves are very easy to make, you can make a temporary 24hr pony tail, this will roll your hair to the behind for over 24hrs, so in the morning, you will undo the ponytail and let your hair flow easily, you can run your fingers through the waves to make them neat.
- Spray waves: After undoing the ponytail, your hair will need a spicy look, so you need to spray it so that it gets a shinny look. Please, don’t get tempted to comb your hair after making waves, just use your fingers to make it neat.
THINGS YOU NEED:
– Shampoo with Natural Ingredients
– Black Tint
– Clip to tie the ponytail
– Hair Spray to keep your waves moist and shinny
– A pair of Scissors
Rihanna’s Medium Length Wavy Hairstyle: The style of hairstyle you opt for should flatter and complement your face shape very well. Women with square face shapes like that of Rihanna, you will look fabulous with a medium length hairstyle which has a bang. This will cover your forehead and it will balance your face shape very well. Those long jaws need their own attention and space, so don’t cover them with hair.
HOW TO STYLE:
- Use a Styling Product: To have a similar wavy black short hairstyle like Rihanna, you need to use a good styling product to moist and wet your hair. To have good results, you should apply moderate amounts of styling product, because if you use too much of it, your hair will become too thick and heavy which might pull down the waves.
- Create a Side Part: If you look closely at Rihanna in the photo above, she side parted her black wavy hair which makes her look fabulous. If you have a bang, you make waves in that bang and side sweep them in the same way Rihanna did. However, this trend will look good on women with square face shapes.
- Create Waves: This step applies to women without natural waves. In this case, you need to use natural methods like making French braids to create waves. Avoid using curling irons, because they expose your hair to excessive heat which might damage your hair.
- Use a shiny hair spray: To have a shiny and nice looking wavy hairstyle, you need to spray your hair with a good shinny hair spray. This will keep it moist and natural.
- Comb the top section: Rihanna’s waves are centered at the bottom, but the top section is brushed straight. So, in this case, you will need to use a wide toothed comb to make your top section straight.
THINGS YOU NEED:
– Natural Shinny Hair spray
– Wide toothed comb
– Hair conditioner
– Hair Styling Product
Medium Length Wavy Hairstyles Blonde: Some women have natural blonde hair, while those with black medium length hair can also bleach it blonde, however, maintaining blonde hair is not easy because it gets dirty very first, and it also gets dry very easily. So you have to be in clean places or cover your hair once you go to a dirty place. You also need to spray it regularly so that it stays moist and shiny just like the lady in the photo above.
Brown Medium Length Wavy Hairstyles: With this hair style waves are centered at the bottom of the hair, you can use steps in (Style 1) to make this classy brown medium length hairstyle. It’s a formal hairstyle you can wear to work.
HOW TO STYLE:
- Complete the Basics: Before styling your hair, their some normal procedures you have to go through to prepare your medium length hair for a new wavy hairstyle, and these include; conditioning and washing your hair clean, use cold or lukewarm water to maintain a thick volume. Blow dry your hair after washing it so that it remains moist but not wet.
- Curl your hair: As you can see in the photo above, all waves / curls are centered at the bottom, leaving the stop section straight. So, you need to spray your hair with a head protective spray because you need to use a flattening iron to straighten the top section and you also need to use a curling iron to make bottom layered waves. However, on the other hand, you can use natural methods to make these waves, for example, you can make pony tail with an updo style, this will keep your bottom layered hair folded for a long time, so by the time you undo the updo, waves will have formed.
- Use a styling brush: For a great effect and style, you need to brush through your hair, brush it to the sides starting from the middle of the head just like the lady in the photo above. However, you have to use a wide-toothed brush, and do this gently so that you don’t straighten the waves.
ENJOY THE REST OF THE GALLERY BELOW:
Women with round faces should opt for this hairstyle, it stops just above the shoulder and the waves form a big volume at the bottom, pulling some of your hair on the sides will flatter your round face very well.