Most black ladies are extremely fashionable and always prefer to have medium and short hairstyles. Many black women are not naturally blessed with natural long hair and that’s why they wear wigs/weaves. However some black have natural hair that can be easily styled in many different ways.style your hair in different trendy styles possible shown below in this article and tell you what ,any thing small to add to it can pull great looks.Namely, Bangs, Scarves.
Therefore, if you’re an African lady you can try to invest in a few hair extensions which you can swap from day to day in case you don’t wish to grow natural long or medium length hair. The lady you’re seeing in the picture above has a long wavy hairstyle with bangs that really matche her face shape making her to really look amazing and elegant.
There are different hairstyles you can tryout like the bob, pixie, wavy, and curly hairstyles on your hair but first you should consult a professional hair stylist to give you more educative tips, know your face shape and hair texture before going for any particular hairstyle.
1. Long Wavy
HOW TO STYLE:
This hairstyle has large loose curls at the hair ends which help to add style and volume to this hairstyle. This long hairstyle will make wonders for you if you have a long or square face and it also looks to be very flexible , feels soft and shiny making it the perfect choice for any given occasion or ceremony. Therefore, you can style your hair like this lady by following these steps below;
- Use a styling creme and heat protection spray on your damp hair then apply a root lifting product to the hair roots but do this depending on your hair texture.
- Set your hair into the largest rollers and then spray it with a heat protection hairspray before applying heat to it. Leave your hair to cool and dry completely before removing the rollers.
- Get a wide toothed brush and use it to make your curls smooth while wrapping them around the fingers to preserve that curly form.
- Acquire a finishing hairspray and use it to set your hairstyle. This spray will also help to add shine and volume to your hair.
- This is a long black wig made of premium synthetic fibers which makes it very light and comfortable.
- The wig has a machine stitched cap that is of an average size, fits very well on your scalp and looks like natural hair.
- This curly wig is affordable and convenient hence you can use it to add length, color or even texture to your hair instantly.
- Try to oil your hair for at least two times a week, oiling the hair roots will provide nutrients and strength which will help to make your hair grow long and strong. You can try to use an oil like ‘Dove Nourishing Oil Care Hair Therapy’ which contains a blend of nutritional oils like almond and argan oil.Apply it after or during hair washing to instantly nourish and smooth-en your hair.It also absorbs quickly with no greasy feel leaving your hair smooth, soft and your hair frizz-proof and manageable.
- Don’t use chemical based shampoos, conditioners or even styling products need to be through checked because they tend to severely affect your hair in the long run, use the right product meant for your hair by trying out natural and herbal hair care products and above all always use mild shampoos or conditioners.
- Use only herbal hair products, remedies and treatments because these are known to be very effective in promoting hair growth.
- Comb through your wig to remove any knots and tangles, but do this gently with a wig comb.
- Always soak your wig in a mixture of shampoo and cold water, leave the wig in this mixture for about 5 minutes to allow the shampoo to get into all the wig fibers. But remember to use a wig shampoo like ‘DeMert Wig & Weave System Shampoo for Natural and Synthetic Hair’ which can be used on both natural and synthetic hair.It will not strip the wig color off but instead to clean it up and condition your wig at the same time.
- Apply a wig conditioner over the curls of your wig while they are still damp, this will help to prevent frizzi to your wig.
2. Short Curly Black No Bang
HOW TO STYLE:
This long hairstyle features tight curls all over the head which makes this lady to look pretty and cute without having to look messy. This hairstyle is very easy to style hence it will save you time in the morning rush hours and it will also last for long compared to other hairstyles. This hairstyle suits every face shape and it will also work on any hair texture therefore leaving room for anyone who has dreams of having such a nice hair style.
Here are some of the steps you can follow to have this curly hairstyle;
- Wash your hair and then towel dry it until you see that it is moist, don’t over dry it because it will break in the long run.
- Use a styling product in your damp hair, this can be a gel, mousse or even a spray but don’t use too much of this product because it will make your hair heavy and greasy.
- Section your hair and then get a small curling iron, use this iron to create those multiple soft curls in your hair. use a heat protection spray before you start to curling your hair in order to protect your hair from heat produced by this curling iron.
- Pass your fingers through your hair to separate the curls and to remove any tangles from your hair.
- Finalize by applying shining or firm holding spray in order to make your curls shiny and firm for the whole day.
- This is a short to medium length black curly wig for African American women, which is made from synthetic fiber hair .Its appearance reflects the looks of real human hair.
- The wig comes with lace front cap construction which is of an average size and it is also very light making it a comfortable fit that anyone can wear. You can also get this wig in different colors depending on your taste, skin color or even hair texture that you’re having.
- Avoid washing your hair every day because this will make it dry and brittle. So it would be better if you washed your hair 2 to 3 times a week for better results. Always shampoo for better hair care but make sure you get a shampoo that is meant for your hair type and texture.Always use cold or normal water to wash your hair.
- Deep condition your hair for at least once in a week in case you have extremely brittle hair. Deep conditioning will help to open the pores and also promote better absorption of nutrients. Acquire a hair conditioner that works best for your hair like you try using ‘Deep Conditioner from Mixed Chicks’ which will help to soften, detangle and also moisturize your hair.
- Use broad toothed combs when combing your hair and if you choose to use a regular brush or comb just know that will lead to hair breakages and split ends.
- Fluff the wig gently with your fingers because curly hair can easily lose its curls if brushed too much hence it would be better to fluff it and this will also help to remove dirt from the wig fibers.
- Use a capfull of wig shampoo with cold water and then soak your wig for about 3 to 5 minutes in this mixture, but remember to only wash the wig after wearing it for over 10 to 15 times. Washing the wig regularly will make it to lose its shape ,style and it will also fade out quickly.
- Gently squeeze out excess water from your wig, don’t twist your wig because this will make its fibers to break. Place the wig on the wig stand and leave it to air dry.
3. Long Straight Hairstyle
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady featured in the picture above has a straight black laid back hairstyle that looks perfect on the square shaped face of this lady. This style will work best for you if you kind of need to try out a short or medium hairstyle. This style has simple and straight clean lines that make this lady to really look cute and elegant. The steps below will show you how to style it;
- Clean your hair with cold water together with a shampoo and then add a styling creme or smoothing hair product then leave it to air dry for good results.
- Use a round brush to remove all the tangles from your hair, you can also use your fingers to carry out the same task because brushes at times damage hair when over used.
- Get a flat iron and use it to straighten out your hair, set it at the lowest heat setting so that you don’t damage your hair and apply a heat protection spray to your hair before flat ironing it to protect it from any excess heat produced.
- To make your hair shiny, smooth and firm, use shining and firm holding hairspray allover your hair to get that complete look.
- This is a long straight black full lace wig for African American women which are made of synthetic fiber hair making it to appear like natural long human hair.
- The wig has a full lace cap construction which helps to create an illusion of natural hair growth where your hair is parted.
- This wig is very light and it is also very easy to style since you just have to comb it straight making it the most comfortable fit for your needs.
- Remove tangles from your hair by combing it with a wide toothed comb before showering and also after having a shower, don’t use regular brushes because ,it will result in hair breakages and split ends. Remember to always comb your hair gently or to use your fingers to remove any knots from it.
- After having a shower, gently place your towel over your head and then gently squeeze the water out of your hair, don’t rub or even twist your hair with this towel because this will damage and break your hair. Use towels that are made of silk or micro fiber like ‘Soft Silk Natural Material Body Towel’ which have a silk fiber body towel that cleans gently and thorough out leaving it softer than nylon wash towels.
- Try to trim your hair frequently but when it is also necessary in order to remove split ends so that your hair grows well and on the same level. Split ends stop hair from growing hence resulting into uneven growth.
- You should purchase and use hair products that are specifically designed for synthetic hair wigs in order to extend the life of the wig. Don’t use products that are meant for natural hair because they will severely damage your synthetic wig.
- Always keep your wig on a good quality wig stand in order to maintain its shape and style. You can also place your wig on this stand after washing it to dry naturally and never put your wig on a wig head when it is still wet because this will over stretch the wig and even make it too lose to style and shape.
- Never use hot water to wash your wig because this will weaken the wig fibers and will also make the wig deformed. Always use cold water to prolong the wig life and this will also make it shiny and smooth.
4.Long Wavy Black Full Bang
5. Long Curly Black No Bang
6. Long Curly Black
7. Long Straight Black Full Bang
8. Medium Straight Black No Bang
9. Long Wavy
10. Short Straight Black Full Bang
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a short black bob hairstyle which falls just below her cheek bone; it has a full front bang which frames out her square shaped face perfectly. However this haircut is very easy to style and also very comfortable to have since it does not fall past her shoulders. If you have a round or square face then you should try out this style because it will look perfect on you. Below are some of the steps you can use to style this bob haircut;
- Wash your hair and after apply a good product that will help to make it smooth and take out frizz from your hair. Ensure you apply these products to damp hair and then comb through to distribute the product.
- Acquire a wide tooth comb and use it to part your hair to the sides, slick the hair on the sides downwards and then push the bangs forward.
- With a paddle brush, blow dry your hair but remember to use a heat protection gel or spray on your hair before you start blow drying it.
- Get a flat iron and start making your hair straight and smooth as much as you can,create the bangs with this flat iron?
- Finish styling your hair by using shiny or firm holding hairspray in order to get that complete look.
- This is a short straight black bob wig with full front bangs which is specifically designed for African American women.
- This wig is made from synthetic fiber which makes it to feel and look like real human hair.
- It comes with cap less cap construction which provides ventilation to the wig hence making it a comfortable fit for you to wear during the hot season or summer. It has an average sized cap which will fit on almost every head.
- It is very light and easy to style compared to human hair wigs.
- Avoid exposing your hair to heat as much as possible, but in case you have to use heat products to straighten or curl your hair, then try to reduce the temperatures of the curler or flat iron and always apply a heat protection hair product before exposing your hair to heat. You can use a heat protection spray like ‘TRESemme Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Heat Protection & Shine Spray’ which will help make your hair smooth and easy to style.It shields hair from heat and seals it in that salon shine.
- Don’t use hot water to wash your hair because it will make it dry and frizzy, so always use cold or normal water to wash your hair because this will help to make it smooth and shiny.
- Avoid using a shampoo or conditioner that contains sulphates because these chemicals will damage your hair in the long run.
- Always comb your hair with a wide toothed comb and try not to use regular brushes because they will cause split ends and breakages to your hair.
- Avoid exposing your wig to heat or even leaving it near a heat source or in direct sunlight because this will weaken the fibers in the wig and it will end up losing structure, shape and style in a very short period of time.
- Store your wig on a wig stand during times when you’re not using it and please try not to sleep with your wig because this will stretch and make it lose its shape and structure. You can buy a foldable wig stand like ‘Folding Plastic Stable Durable Wig Hair Hat Cap Holder Stand Holder Display Tool’ which will help to keep your wig safely when it is not in use and it is also made of fordable plastic making it convenient for you to carry it anywhere.
- In case you’re using hair products on your wig like hairsprays, gels or mousse, you will have to wash your wig more often so that these hair products don’t damage your wig in the long run.
- You should use products that are specifically designed for synthetic hair wigs for better results and to also extend the wigs life.
11. Short Straight Black Full Bang
12. Short Straight With a Bang
13. Long Wavy
14. Medium Wavy Black No Bang
15. Long Curly
16. Medium Wavy African American Hairstyle
HOW TO STYLE:
The African American lady in the picture above has gorgeous black wavy textured hairstyle which flatters her oval shaped face very well.It has soft and light side swept bangs which fall just above her eyebrows. If you love medium length hair and you’re still looking for a hairstyle that will match your face type and hair texture, then its high time you tried out this wavy hairstyle. I have given you some of the steps below on how to style this particular hairstyle;
- Carefully wash and dry your hair with a blow dryer but remember to apply a heat protection spray before using your blow dryer so that you can protect your hair from heat produced by this machine.
- Part your hair into different sections and then apply a hairstyling product to each of these sections.
- Use a deep waving iron to create the wavy patterns in your hair, do this section after section in order to achieve good results.
- Lastly, use a workable good quality hairspray to give your hair that shiny and complete feel and look.
- This is a medium wavy wig for African American women which has soft side swept bangs.
- It is made of Remy human hair which is treated and styled like natural hair and all natural hair products work very well on it.
- This wig also has a cap less cap construction which is of an average size, meaning that it is always open hence providing maximum comfort and coolness when you’re wearing it.
- Avoid over brushing your wavy hair because this will make it frizzy hence breaking up the waves. You should go for a wide toothed comb to gently detangle and make your hair smooth. For example you can use ‘Swissco Tortoise Perm Comb Wide Tooth’ which will help to detangle and also make your hair smooth.
- Let your hair dry naturally, this is because air drying is less damaging to your hair. However, you can also use a blow dryer when its set to the lowest temperature so that it doesn’t produce a lot of heat which may damage your hair. Blow dryers will also help to maintain the shape of your waves.
- Never use too much of the styling product because this will make your hair greasy and very heavy. If you’re to apply any styling product to your hair, then take time to distribute it evenly throughout your hair with a wide toothed comb.
- Only apply a shampoo and conditioner mixture to the roots of your hair and after rinse it out with cold water. By doing this, you help to keep your scalp clean and also prevent build up and oily hair while maintaining the moisture levels on your hair ends. Remember to use only sulphate free shampoos and conditioners because sulphates can make your hair very dry and hence it will end up breaking.
- Condition your hair after wash out then conditioner with lukewarm or cold water. This will help to close the hair cuticles and also lock in moisture.
- Use a leave in conditioner if you notice that your human hair wig has become frizzy or when it is starting to get matted and trust me this conditioner will calm down the situation. For example you can use ‘RemySoftblueMax Daily Refresher – Safe for Hair Extensions, Weaves and Wigs – Salon Formula Leave-in Conditioner’ which will protect your hair without any heavy product build up.It eliminates tangling and locks in moisture and even blocks the damaging effect of the sun.
- Gently finger comb your wig to remove any knot and tangles.This will reduce frizz and to also make styling easy for you.
- Use a mild shampoo that is specifically made for wigs to gently wash your wig and never try to comb or finger comb your hair wig when it is still wet because you may end up damaging it.
- Acquire a wig stand so that you can keep or place your wig on it at night when you’re going to sleep.You can also apply it when air drying your wig or can even use it when styling your wig.
- Try as much as you can not to use heat styling tools on your wig because they can easily damage it and make it to lose its shape and structure. But in case you have to use a heat styling tool like a curling iron or flat iron then first use a heat protection spray on your hair in order to reduce on the heat effects.
17. Kelly Rowland Remy Human Hair
18. Short Straight Capless Wig
20. Medium Curly
21. Short Straight Lace Front Wigs
22. Straight Full Bang Wigs for Black Women
23. Short Straight Full Bang
24.Curly No Bang
25. Rihanna Hairstyle
26.Medium Straight Hairstyle
27. Short Curly
28. Medium Curly No Bang
29.Medium Wavy Side Bang
30. Long Curly
Source of the pictures: http://www.wigs800.com
Categories: Afroamerikaner Frisuren